This warming endive pasta is perfect for a cozy winter night. The recipe makes plenty for two, or double it for dinner with friends. Endive promotes healthy digestion and is anti-inflammatory, so snuggle in and chow down!
1 lb. brown rice pasta
1 head endive, rinsed & chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 shallots, chopped
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
1/2 cup raisins
2 tbsp. olive oil
- Boil water and add brown rice pasta. Once pasta is cooked, set aside.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat. When hot, add the garlic and shallots. Cook until shallots are a light brown.
- Add the chopped endive and raisins and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine the pasta and vegetable mixture and toss.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and enjoy!