After a long day at work you need to veg-out. Focus on your successes with this health affirming vegetarian patty. This recipe is so easy to make and will make you feel great!
2 Tbsp olive oil + additional for the pan
1/2 Cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic
1 Cup diced or chopped vegetables, such as: carrots, celery, mushrooms, spinach, kale, corn, bell peppers
1 can (15oz) black beans, rinsed & drained
1 Tbsp sesame oil
Herbs to taste such as: oregano, rosemary, or ground cumin
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm the 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the onion, garlic, and veggies and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until softened. Reserve the skillet.
- Transfer veggies to a blender or food processor. Add the black beans, sesame oil, herbs, and salt and pulse until combined but still chunky. Pulse in the oats, quinoa, and egg.
- Scoop out the mixture and form into patties.
- In the same skillet (adding more oil if needed) cook the patties over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Flip until golden brown on both sides.
- Enjoy on a bun or go topless and add extra veggies!