29Mar

3 Times Being Hangry Got Me in Trouble

As the Food Mood Girl, I wish I was somehow excluded from the symptoms caused by being hangry. However, as a human, sometimes I get busy and forget to eat, which as we know, often leads to hanger episodes. And, at times, I may have been too hangry for my own good.

Luckily, I have not been arrested for hangry outbursts, but the feeling of being a hangry asshole still carries through to this day:

  • Spousal Problems: Honestly, my husband and I don’t fight about much. I would say 95% of our arguments involve food. The other 5% is just normal bickering. But when I have leftovers in the fridge and come downstairs after getting lost in a project all day, not realizing what time it is, I want my damn leftovers. So when I’m hangry and suddenly the leftovers are missing without my permission, things get ugly quick. I have cursed and screamed at my husband, cried into my fridge because I didn’t know what else to eat, and then continued to label the rest of the food with a sharpie what was mine and what was his.
  • Waitress Problems: This is the one time where I STILL feel like an asshole to this day. I was so hangry and the waitress was trying to be nice and do her job, but my emotions got the best of me. Instead of being a nice, normal human, I turned into Gretchen Wieners from Mean Girls. I was rude and arrogant. Once I was about three minutes into my meal, I recognized what I had said and how rude it probably came off. That was definitely one of the times where I said, “I’m sorry for what I said when I was hangry.” Luckily, she was a fellow hanger-sufferer and commiserated with me for a bit!
  • Body Problems: I love a good slice of pizza. My max is usually three slices. But after a particularly stressful day, I was tired AND hangry—a combination which I hope never develops its own term. I was not inspired to cook anything and the only thing that was in my freezer was a large organic pizza. I popped it in the oven and I ate it all. Yes, every last bite. Organic or not, I inhaled an entire pizza without even thinking. And let’s just say my body was pretty mad at me for an entire night.

Moral of the story: Always eat a snack to prevent hanger.

And to my husband, that waitress, and my body, yes, I am sorry for what I said/did when I was hangry. Please forgive me.

Get Your FREE

Craving Kicker Chart!

Do you feel like your food cravings are out of your control? Learn what your cravings are telling you and what you can do to kick the craving for good.


No Comments »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL

Leave a comment